Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
I welcomed Leo into the world nearly two years ago, and have been sharing my experience and my reviews ever since. However, before he was born I often would rely on blogs and Pinterest to figure out what I needed to add to my registry. I was able to figure out a lot of good products, and have a few that I didn’t find to be so great. I wanted to share to any new moms out there getting ready to welcome their babies into this world and are like me and needed help trying to make a registry. Here are 25 things (yes, you need a LOT of things) that I LOVED and 10 things that I would recommend you skip.
- Halo Swaddles – These were SO much easier than the traditional swaddle blankets, and I knew that I was getting him nice and snug every time! We used these until he had to start having his arms left out and then we switched over to a different type!
- Something to carry all of you things in! – I found this to be so much easier than trying to carry Leo and all the things we needed room to room! I know some people set up baby stations in their homes, but I found this to be a simple fix!
- Doc-a-tot – I know there are a lot of mixed reviews on this, but Leo LOVED his and slept in it for probably four months or so. I would also move this to sit on the couch and when he started napping in his crib I would sit it in there as well.
- Docatot cover – I recommend having a back up cover incase a spill, spit up, or diaper explosion occurs! This way you can have one washing and a clean one for baby!
- Diaper Genie – I’ve seen a lot of new diaper pales online, but I stuck to the classic and it worked well for us. We are still using it to this day as we anxiously await potty training.
- Graco Swing – Leo LOVED his swing for the first few months. Really, until he was mobile he loved swinging and listening to the little songs that it played! He really never liked the vibration, but it was nice to have incase he ever decided to.
- Hatch Sound Machine – We LOVED this sound machine and still use it for naps and bed times. It is a part of Leo’s routine. I like that it has a lot of different sounds, nightlight colors, and that it can be controlled by my phone!
- Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat – I really thought I was going to get the Britax, but once I went in to the store to hold them – I realized that it was just too heavy. I’m glad I went with the Graco. One feature I particularly loved was that you could move the handle easily with one hand with the button being in the top center.
- Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat Carrier – This came as a recommendation of my cousin Brandi! It made it so easy to get him in and out of the car with this cart! It was nice and light and easy to lift during those first few postpartum weeks!
- Car Seat Cover – Leo was a pandemic baby, so that may have something to do with why I loved it so much. I just felt like he was protected from germs beneath it, and it doubled as a nursing cover for when I nursed in public.
- Baby mirror for the car – I’ve seen a lot of people have cameras these days, but the good ol’ backseat car mirror is what we’ve always done with him.
- Haaka baby nail filer – The first time I trimmed Leo’s nails I snagged his finger and I was devastated. I switched to this after that and it’s so MUCH easier and in my opinion safer.
- Baby monitor – I liked this one because it was affordable and didn’t connect to the wifi – which I felt was important in the world we live in. I was simply afraid someone would hack into my baby monitor and watch Leo – sounds wild typing it out, but you never know!
- Fawn Diaper Bag – My first diaper bag was from Amazon and it was ok, but for my first mothers day Alex and Leo gifted me this one and i LOVE IT. It’s so much more stylish and has enough room for everything we’ve needed throughout his ages and stages.
- 4Moms Pack-n-Play – This was another item that I originally had a different brand, but switched later on. This is SO EASY. It’s also not too heavy so we always pack it along when we travel.
- Loveevery Play Gym – This was a splurge that I felt was worth every penny. Leo loved to lay and play. There are so many activities! This is also what helped Leo learn to roll both back to belly and belly to back during our daily training sessions aka tummy time.
- Summer Lite Popup Chair – While you won’t use this immediately – I was gifted this at my shower and LOVED it. It’s light weight, easy to take with you on the go, and easy to clean. Win, win, win!
- Boon Grass Drying Rack – You are going to want this! It makes drying little baby things SO much easier!
- Medela Steaming Bags – I had a touch of OCD with Leo – so being able to quickly sterilize his pacifiers and nipple shields really helped!
- Mom’s on Call Book – This was the BEST source of all my questions (aside from my family and friends) and helped me prepare for what was to come or whatever I needed immediately. I referenced this book A LOT.
- Gripe Water – This really helped Leo in the first few months.
- Baby Bouncer – Leo LOVED this bouncer!
- h Bathroom & Nursery Heater – During and after battime can be a chilly time, especially for little ones born during the colder months. I always would heat up the bathroom and where we would do his baby massage/dressing! It really helped him to stay warm.
- Infantino Sensory Balls, Blocks & Buddies – You may not thing your baby will need toys right away, but trust me they quickly do! This is a great set that was nice for when he was younger, but that he still plays with today!
- Boba Baby Carrier – I really liked the idea of the wrap style baby carrier, but I was never confident in it. I ended up buying this one when Leo was a couple months old just so I could have my hands to complete small tasks. It was really good, but Leo didn’t spend too much time in it! Once he was bigger and heavier he really enjoyed his independence – and that was fine by me!
Now, to things that I bought/received from my registry that I didn’t love. This is just my opinion, though!
10 Things to Skip:
- Halo Bassinet
- Wipe Warmer
- Nail Clippers
- Boppy Pillow
- Diaper Cream Spatula
I feel like I could go on and on about baby products, especially since that is the season of my life that I am in right now. What products do you love or do you think you could have passed on? Comment below!
Comment below if you like product reviews and would like to see more!
Best – Katie Knight Hatfield
Leave a Reply