My love language is food – and me and my friend Marissa speak it frequently. We both love trying out new recipes, and we have very similar taste. We both have started making sourdough bread, and last night she shared this bomb crouton recipe with me!
It’s super simple, takes no time, and can elevate your salad or soup. I made them for a simple side salad for lunch today, but my wheels are turning for new ways to incorporate them in future dishes.
- Sourdough bread. A few days old seemed to work best. (I’ve linked my sourdough recipe here – sourdough bread)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Cut your slices of sourdough into cube like pieces. Measure how big or small based in your preference.
- Put your cubed bread into a mixing bowl.
- Add enough olive oil to coat your bread
- Season with garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. I measured with my heart.
- Place the bread in the air fryer in a single layer. Set for 8 minutes at 450 degrees.
- I shook mine at the 4 minute mark and if you like a softer crouton you could totally take them out here!
- When they reach the amount of crispy that you like – remove from the air fryer and use them as a topping!
These are seriously delicious! As I experiment with different seasonings and dishes to use then for I’ll be sure to update you all!
Do you have any suggestions or recommendations? Comment below and let me know how YOU would use these croutons to elevate a dish!
Leave a Reply