My husband has one request every year for his birthday and that is Chess Bars. The first year I made them for him I had to call up my Mamaw Carolyn – who is one of the best to ever be in the kitchen – and ask her how it was done. To be honest, I thought it was going to be complex, but in reality it was incredibly simple. Every time I make these either for a birthday party or any other event, they always end up gone! Without further ado, here is a simple recipe for the BEST Chess Bars.
- 1 box of butter cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1 pound of confectionery sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the box of cake mix, softened butter, and 1 egg.
- Pat mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish to create a crust for your bars.
- Combine remaining ingredients: 2 eggs, cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Pour the mixture evenly on top of the crust
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes
- Let cool completely, then top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!
If you have a sweet tooth like me, you are going to LOVE these bars. Please help me out by sharing this post with your friends and comment below to let me know what you think if you give it a try!
Leave a Reply