Recently, we went on a quick family getaway to Myrtle Beach. We decided to go in September when the crowds had died down, and honestly it was the BEST decision. We had a BLAST spending time together and getting to do some fun things with Leo! We only stayed five days, but each day was filled with fun and sun.
Here are FIVE things to do in Myrtle Beach with your toddler!
- Ripley’s Aquarium
- If you need a minute away from the sun, or if you have a rainy day, Ripley’s Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach was a great way to kill some time. We enjoyed walking around and looking at all the different sea creatures, and even got to see the Penguin Parade (which really made it worth it!). There is an indoor playground withing the aquarium, but it is geared to older children, so Leo wasn’t able to play on it. I will say it is much smaller than we had expected, so don’t plan to spend too much time there!
- Broadway at the Beach
- Broadway at the Beach was very close to where we were staying, so we frequented it while we were there. There are tons of shops that you can browse, places to eat, and things to do. We were excited to see that there was a playground there that Leo could play on to get out some of his energy! He LOVES slides so he was very satisfied. He also loves to stroll so just walking around and looking at everything was so fun!
- Barefoot Landing
- Barefoot Landing is a LOT like Broadway at the Beach. They even have a lot of the common stores, but something about Broadway feels a little more elegant. We walked around and looked at the wildlife, ate dinner here two nights, and played in an arcade (which actually was one of the most fun parts of our trip!). Like Broadway at the Beach, there is a playground withing Barefoot Landing. Honestly, between the two the playground here was VERY updated and quite a lot bigger. There are a few onsite attractions that we seen but did not check out!
- Savannah’s Playground
- While we were killing some time between check out of our hotel and check in for our flight we googled something fun to do. Savannah’s Playground is what popped up and I’m SO glad. It was seriously the COOLEST playground that I had EVER seen. It was HUGE and had things for children of all ages to do. We spent over an hour here – but could have stayed longer. Although this was a spare of the moment decision, Leo really had the best time here. It was a bit of a drive, maybe 15 – 20 minutes for so, but SO WORTH IT.
- The BEACH
- And the MOST obvious on the list is of course — the beach! We started each morning walking on the beach and rolling trucks in the sand. Some of those quite moments before the day really started will remain in my heart for the rest of my life. We enjoyed running in the waves, playing in the sand, and making new friends with people who had better toys than us LOL.
Overall, Myrtle Beach is a family friendly environment that is great to visit with your littles. We had a great time spending some time away and soaking up the last beams of the summer sun. What places do you like to travel to with your toddler? Comment below and let me know fun things that you’ve done in MB or other places we should check out!!
Leave a Reply