Kentucky weather has a mind of its own and can go from 75 – 55 (or lower) overnight. Last week, we had a few cold days that honestly had me dreaming and planning about Christmas. One thing that I love about Christmas is that there are so many treats! I decided to take one of my favorites and make it match the Halloween season.
I divided the recipe in half, but you can double it up for sharing!
- 1/2 cup of butter or one stick
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 16 saltine crackers – which is half a sleeve
- 6oz of semi-chocolate chips – half of a 12 oz bag
- Sprinkles or candies for topping!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place your crackers in the bottom of a pan in a single layer
- Melt butter over medium heat
- Add brown sugar and stir
- Keep stirring as it comes up to a boil, and stir for an additional 3-4 minutes
- Pour mixture over the crackers
- Bake for 4-5 minutes until it begins to bubble
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips
- Take it out of the oven and spread the chocolate over it evenly
- Add toppings
- Refrigerate until it sets – about an hour or two
- Break apart and enjoy!
Leave a Reply